Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Miki Speaks Out

Those of you who know Mike, know he's pretty quiet (most of the time). I wanted you to hear from him and know how he is feeling about this trip, or as he put it, new experience.  So, we sat down together and I asked him some questions. I hope this helps you get to know him better and see his heart for the families in the DRC, whom we will be serving.


Why do you want to go to the DRC?  So I can help the people there.  Because I feel God is telling me to go. To see what it's like; I've never been there. And to be with my wife too.

What are you most excited about?  To see how people live over there. Seeing the ocean. Maybe I'll see Popeye.

What are you most nervous about?  Trouble getting on the right plane, getting through the airports.

What do you think will be the hardest thing? Being away from home and staying in different people's houses.

What do you think will be the most different?  I'll be in a different country. I won't be in the United States anymore. That's different!

What are you going to do over there?  I like to help everybody where they might need some help. If I can help them do whatever they need me to do. If I can do it I'll do it. I'll even do windows and dishes and laundry.

How has it felt, watching God provide the money?  I thank God for that, for providing the money. It makes me feel very excited.

Do you think this will change your life:?  It will make me think about their life...how they live.

How did you know God was asking you to go?  I feel it, that God wants me to go over there. I just feel it.

Are you going to preach while you are there?  No, I'm not much of a talker. I would like to be working instead of just talking. I like to be busy.

What else do you want to say?  I just found out a couple of weeks ago my name is Miki, not Mike. So call me Miki but don't call me late for supper. Amen.


3 comments:

  1. This sounds like my adorable friend....Miki....This is why I love him so much. His kind, loving heart...always ready to help anyone...anytime. He is a Blessing in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the interview format :) Liked his answers :) Am happy for him he will get to have a life changing experience in the Congo. About the name change, it that Miki, like the sound of Vicki? Or like the sound of Mikey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We assume it is as in Mikey. His full name is Jose Miki. He has always been called Mike (or Mikey when he was little) and thought his full name was Jose Mike until we got his birth certificate and it said Jose Miki. It's been a lot of fun trying to figure it out.

      Delete